Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is Django not suited for web applications?

Django project was created by a news organization for their internal use. It is so heavily geared towards content i.e showing content which is the main aim of the news organization. So it always talks about posts, books and content in its tutorial. I am learning from djangobook.com and I have to say though the book is good it is taking time for me to wrap my head around the concepts as it doesn't directly map to the j2ee web app concept. I mean it has forms and everything but everything is looking complicated from the eyes of a beginner like me. I read from railstutorial.org and it was a very good book to start learning Ruby on Rails and it was mapping very well with J2EE web applications. So getting started with Django for building a web application is difficult compared to building it with Ruby on Rails. I want to give up and try something else but I am trying to press ahead and build something.

It looks like Django is more suited for content based web sites rather than logic and calculation heavy web applications atleast that is my initial thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment